Happy Holidays from I am SohoGlam!
As the 2017 holiday season comes to a close and the new year is approaching, I want to take a moment to thank every one of you for supporting my brand and me. Becoming a blogger has always been a dream of mine, and before the launch of I am SohoGlam, I was afraid to open up and share my vision with the world. That was the old me, the girl before I turned 30.
Can I keep it real?
I must say, 2017 was my anticipated year of transition. For the past few years, I have been working hard on finding myself and building my foundation. During my 20's, I was in a long-term relationship and was engaged to be married. During the time of my engagement, I was lost. I did not know what I wanted out of life. In result, I called off my engagement and my now ex-fiance, and I parted ways. I fought with loved ones about my career and going for my dreams and living in my purpose. I always knew I would be successful by using my God-given gift of creativity and not in the corporate world. Throughout that process, I completed my undergraduate degree, master's degree, lost friends, gained some, restored one. I've been laid off from a job I work at for seven years, quit another and still bounced back and worked another one. I've been in some decent to horrible relationships with men and began to put myself first. The list goes on.
2017, wow! I am amazed. I am a product of walking by faith. My year was not perfect by any means, but I took some risks, and as I sit here writing this post, I am glad I made them.
Some of my highlights from the year:
1. I had the opportunity to work and train as a Professional Makeup Artist at Cleveland Makeup Artistry. Side note: When I was approached by the owner to join her team, she found me on Instagram! This goes to show the importance of consistency and hashtagging.
2. I modeled in my first boudoir photo shoot (I will not share the photos).
3. I witnessed my close friends achieving their goals and dreams. I could not he happier for them.
4. I made my decision to move to Atlanta, GA (after three failed attempts).
5. Gave up my lavish Downtown Cleveland apartment and moved to Atlanta.
6. Connected with some awesome Atlanta Bloggers.
7. Recorded my first Facebook Live doing my makeup.
8. Featured in a podcast.
9. Invested more of my money into my brand.
10. Rebranded my blog, filmed/edited/published my first YouTube video and vlog.
Some people may say their year was great because they met the love of their life, got married, had a baby, got engaged, blah, blah, blah. My year was great because I am the product of stepping out on faith. I would never have thought I would be in the place I am in now. I am happy, I am proud of myself, and I am excited to see what 2018 has in store for me.
Cheers to the new year and may you continue to flourish and live in your purpose.